Monday, January 19, 2009

Last day of leisure!

Okay, I went back to work from my looooong winter break on January 5th, and I started teaching my class on the 12th, but tomorrow MY classes start. I've been stitching up a storm the past 2 weeks because once classes start, I have no real free time and even less energy to stitch. (That's my excuse for not blogging for 2 weeks. Yeah, it's a lie-- what of it?)

Since January 1, I have worked on 6 of the 11 reproduction samplers I have chosen as my official WIP elimination rotation.

First progress picture is Beatrix Potter. I blogged about this sampler and the SAL in the previous post. Well, since January 1st, Beatrix has gone from this:
To this: (notice the sad, empty motifs in the upper left corner of the sampler have now been filled in and, in some cases even completed! Progress!)










Another sampler I blogged about previously has not shown as much progress. All I have accomplished on my nearly-completed Martha Brady sampler is to finish her name:

In my defense, her name (along with the date and "Ackworth School" are all stitched over one thread of the 34 count linen. On a good day, with perfect lighting I can stitch about 4 letters before I get a headache. She'll be finished when she's finished (and she will be my largest and most complicated finish so far.)
I think I'll blog about the other four pieces I worked on seperately, since Blogger seems to enjoy reformatting my posts as I'm working on them.
Keepin' on keepin' on!
Jamie Q.



1 comment:

Meari said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has issues with stitching over-one :) Your samplers look great!