Saturday, January 3, 2009

Almost finished....

I was really pushing for a 2008 finish for Martha Brady (an Ackworth Quaker polychrome sampler from Needleprints Publications in England). By New Year's Eve, I was down to a couple of letters, half of a medallion (a white one which is hard to see on the cream fabric!), and the dreaded over-1 stitching on Martha's name, the school, and the year.

I was burned out on this one and decided that, since stitching should be FUN, not a chore, I would put Martha aside and have her as a very early 2009 finish.

Well, apparently I was reeeeeally burned out on Martha, because I still haven't finished her.

Here she is in all her not-quite-finished glory. I think the fabric is 34ct Devonshire Cream Legacy linen (which is pure joy to stitch on!) and the floss is Au Ver A Soie. There are some nice motifs that can't even be seen because they're in such pale colors. I will probably antique the sampler, if I can get up the nerve and can find a good "tea dye" color that will be somewhat lightfast if sprayed or stamped on,

A very, very special Thank you to Carolyn from the HDF forums who made it possible for me to finish Martha! (My chart fell apart and I couldn't read the symbols along the center folds!) She made me a working copy from her chart and mailed it to me. Sticthers are the greatest!

No comments: